Aloe Vera For Gastritis – Use of Aloe vera gel
Gastritis causes swelling and inflammation of the stomach lining.
It can be short-term – acute gastritis – or long-term – chronic gastritis.
Causes of gastritis include excess consumption of alcohol, long-term use of NSAIDs like ibuprofen or aspirin, stomach infections caused by H.pylori bacteria, pernicious anemia, bile reflux, consuming corrosive poisons or drugs, extreme stress and certain viral infections like herpes simplex virus that weakens our immune system.
Typical symptoms of gastritis include nausea and vomiting, loss of appetite and pain in the upper abdominal region.
You can also vomit blood or pass black stools if gastritis causes bleeding of the stomach lining.
Once diagnosed, treatment will be based on the causes and usually includes medication like antacids, proton pump inhibitors or H2 antagonists.
While it may seem like a mild problem if not taken care of properly it can have serious implications.
Some of them are peptic ulcer disease, gastric polyps, and benign and malignant gastric tumors.
Aloe Vera For Gastritis
A bit about Aloe vera before we discuss how aloe can help.
Aloe vera is a popular herb used as a home remedy for centuries to treat minor cuts and burns and as a laxative.
The plant thrives well in warm tropical weather conditions.
Its leaves are thick and succulent and contain both the gel and latex, known for their medicinal benefits.
Aloe Vera is available in gel, capsules, juice, tablets and is used as an ingredient in cosmetics and OTC skin products.
Aloe vera contains 99% water and the other 1% is made up of potent ingredients like vitamins, enzymes, minerals, amino acids, saponins, essential fatty acids, anthraquinones, salicylic acid, polysaccharides like glucomannan, mannose, and acemannan, sterols, tannins, sterols, and glycoproteins.
One of the ways to treat gastritis is to treat the symptoms.
Most doctors will recommend a bland diet that will soothe an inflamed and sore stomach.
You will be advised to avoid foods that could act as irritants to the stomach lining like alcohol, citrus products, spices and caffeinated drinks.
Some studies have been conducted on the benefits of aloe vera gel for symptoms of gastritis.
In one, actin, which is a glycoprotein found in aloe vera was given to rats with gastritis.
It was found that it inhibited the quantum of gastric juice and gastric lesions.
The anti-inflammatory benefits of aloe vera were also studied on rats infected with H.pylori bacteria.
The rats infected with the bacteria were divided into 3 groups and one group was given 200mg/kg body weight aloe vera twice daily.
It was found that aloe vera seemed to reduce inflammation.
Aloe vera gel is said to soothe the stomach and digestive tract especially for those with colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, and ulcers.
Consuming aloe vera juice releases pepsin which is a gastric juice that is said to aid digestion.
Gastritis causes inflammation of the stomach lining.
Aloe vera gel is said to have anti-inflammatory properties in both in vivo and in vitro studies.
Sterol compounds found in aloe vera gel are said to help reduce inflammation depending on the dose.
Aloe vera is also said to offer prostaglandin and thromboxane B2 inhibitory benefits and Brady kinase activity all of which have anti-inflammatory effects.
One study was conducted on the effects of aloe vera on gastric health in normal people.
Consuming it improved digestion, better protein absorption, and quicker improved bowel movement.
Consuming aloe vera seemed to help patients with IBS another condition that affects the digestive system.
While I would say there is not a lot of scientific research done on aloe for gastritis but these natural remedies have long been used in the treatment of gastritis for long.
Some symptom of gastritis like burning, indigestion and bloating are similar to other digestive problems.
The biggest issue user faces with herbal remedies is that there is no set dosage for disorders.
The same is the case with gastritis, there is no specific dosage.
However, it has been recommended for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) for it can treat heartburn, and can soothe the digestive tract.
The dosage depends on the severity and you are advised to read label instructions.
Aloe vera is contraindicated for those with an allergy to Liliaceae plants.
Oral aloe latex taken for its laxative benefits could cause cramping or diarrhea if taken for long periods.
Those taking heart or diabetes drugs, steroids, laxatives, have kidney problems, electrolyte imbalances or hemorrhoids must exercise caution when taking aloe vera supplements.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women and those requiring surgery need to consult a doctor before taking Aloe vera.
Buy Forever Living Products Product's in Your Country
|NEW ZEALAND||NORTHERN IRELAND||PHILIPPINES||PORTUGAL|
|SINGAPORE||SLOVAK REPUBLIC||SOUTH AFRICA||SPAIN|